5.23.2010

Sammy Keyes and the Sisters of Mercy by Wendelin Van Draanen

Goodreads Summary: "She is supposed to be in church to get out of trouble...

Sammy is working off some junior high detention time by helping out at St. Mary's, but when Father Mayhew discovers that his ivory cross has been stolen, Sammy becomes the prime suspect. While she's looking for the real culprit, Sammy is amazed to find how much gossip and petty jealousy there is bubbling under the church's serene surface. This is just like junior high!

And school is abubble with intrigue as well. Sammy's in the middle of softball playoffs when her catcher's mitt is stolen. She's sure the hated Heather must have it, but knowing whodunit and getting the mitt back are two different things.

With a cast that includes a trio of singing nuns, a homeless girl in high tops, a former safecracker, and a red-hot shortstop, it's not so easy to tell the saints from the sinners..."

Review: One of my favorite childrens librarians at the library where I used to work LOVES this series. She swears by them. I'm not to that point yet, but I like them a lot.

I don't think they're as funny as she does, but I do agree that they're very well written. I got really in to this one, and I'm fairly stoked about reading the rest of the series.

Goodreads Shelves: addictive, fluffy

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails