1.13.2014

Illusions by Aprilynne Pike

Summary: Laurel hasn't seen Tamani since she begged him to let her go last year. Though her heart still aches, Laurel is confident that David was the right choice.

But just as life is returning to normal, Laurel discovers that a hidden enemy lies in wait. Once again, Laurel must turn to Tamani to protect and guide her, for the danger that now threatens Avalon is one that no faerie thought would ever be possible. And for the first time, Laurel cannot be sure that her side will prevail.


Review I... yes, I did. I did it. I read it.

These books are unusual in that I'm not entirely sure I like them, but I somehow can't put them down once I've started them. It happens every time. I JUST HAVE TO KEEP READING.

It might be because they're very EASY to read. So I start reading, and before I know it I've read fifty pages without noticing it.

I'm not super into Laurel. Not in the way I'm not into Katniss, which is a far more violent way. But I'm just kind of blah about her. I am glad about the David thing, though. And I'm glad about the Tamani thing, too. I mean, she's what, sixteen? Or thereabouts? You don't have to be tied down, kid. Just let it go.

And stuff.

Anyway, if you're into fairies, this one's for you.

Oh also, there seems to be a problem with my copy, wherein it was missing like a chapter at the end. That, or the book was a huge cliffhanger. :(


Goodreads Shelves addictive, bechdel-test, fluffy, is-this-a-kissing-book, pretentious

Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails