Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
So technically the prompt is "Top Ten Books You Would Classify As ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOKS from the past 3 years", but I don't think I would have ten "all-time favorites" from the last 3 (or even 5) years. Some, maybe. Because there have been some darn fine books published in that time. But ALL-TIME favorite? I don't know. So these are my top ten regular favorite books that have come out in the last 5 years, in order of publication:
1. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell -- This was my first Rainbow Rowell book; it was so very adorable.
2. A Long Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan -- Super good scifi book based on Sleeping Beauty.
3. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin -- I loved this one for Mara's delusions and her PTSD.
4. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore -- This choice is kind of in honor of how much I love Graceling and Fire, although Bitterblue is a great one, as well.
5. Pivot Point by Kasie West -- This one is trippy good-- think X-Men meets Sliding Doors.
7. The Four Doors by Richard Paul Evans -- This book is so inspiring to me. It makes me want to jump up and take control of my life.
8. Cress by Marissa Meyer -- So far, Cress is my favorite of the Lunar Chronicles. Although that opinion might change after Winter comes out later this year.
9. The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet by Bernie Su and Kate Rorick -- Have you seen The Lizzie Bennet Diaries on YouTube? Why not...?!
10. Lizzy and Jane by Katherine Reay -- SUPER lovely novel with TONS of Austen influences.
And a bonus...
11. Texts from Jane Eyre by Mallory Ortberg -- I got this one for Christmas from my brother- and sister-in-law. Some of the text conversations are just ok; others are hysterical.