4.20.2010

How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell



Summary (via Amazon): "Young Hiccup may be the son of Stoick the Vast, chief of the Hairy Hooligans, but he isn't exactly heroic Viking material. When he and the other boys of his tribe are sent on a mission to fetch dragons to train, Hiccup comes back with the scrawniest creature ever seen. Toothless, as Hiccup names him, is also rude, lazy, and greedy, but when the tribe is faced with horrible danger, Hiccup's unorthodox dragon-training techniques prove successful and he and his unique beast become true heroes."


Review: I was super-duper iffy on this one. The only reason I went to see the movie (besides the fact that it had a 98% fresh rating on rottentomatoes) was to avoid seeing The Bounty Hunter (which is reason enough to see almost anything). But I love the movie. Like, REALLY loved it. So, naturally, I had to read the book.
The book is part of the "The movie was better" Club, which is really hard to get into, so... kudos to... someone. Don't get me wrong, the book was ok, but the humor is a little low-brow for my taste. Since I'm not, you know, a nine-year-old boy. I think this is a good instance of "doesn't appeal to those outside of target demographic." But, for my purposes, it was cute enough.


Goodreads Shelves: fluffy,funny,is-a-movie,is-or-would-be-a-good-movie,popular


Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails