6.11.2010

The Off Season by Catherine Gilbert Murdock

Goodreads Page


Summary (via the author's website): "Life is looking up for D.J. Schwenk. She’s made it to eleventh grade, she’s reconnecting with her best friend, and she’s got kind of a thing going with Brian Nelson. Best of all, she’s playing for the Red Bend High School football team—as the first girl linebacker in northern Wisconsin.

But then the season goes suddenly, horribly wrong: her brother Win is put in the hospital by a devastating blow during a game. Once again, D.J. is forced to step up and be there for her family. As her life turns completely upside down, she discovers she’s a lot stronger than she – or anyone – ever thought.

This hilarious, heartbreaking, and ultimately triumphant sequel to the acclaimed novel Dairy Queen takes D.J. and all the Schwenks from Labor Day to an unforgettable Thanksgiving Day game."

Review: Catherine Gilbert Murdock for the win! That's right; I laughed, I cried, it was better than Cats.

I'm really excited to read Front and Center. Especially since I've noticed a trend in the first two books that Brian acts like a jerk... and then Aaron shows up.  hmm.... o_O

I think Dairy Queen was a little funnier, but The Off Season had me smiling a lot, and I like that. Plus, I really did cry a little.

Goodreads Shelves: addictive, fluffy, is-this-a-kissing-book, thought-provoking

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails